Support workers required - Frome. Somerset and the surrounding areas. Full and part time available.
The Bradbury House Group has exciting opportunities full time and part time work in Frome, Somerset and the surrounding areas for;
Domiciliary Outreach Support Workers (£6.70-£11.25 per hour)
You will be offered the opportunity of working a varied shift pattern which will include some day, night and weekend work. We have a number of different service provisions across the local area which will give you the opportunity to gain experience in supporting a diverse range of client groups
The Bradbury House Group is a leading provider of high quality care and support for individuals with learning difficulties and mental health needs. Bradbury House offers all employees on-going professional development, an enhanced weekend hourly rate, flexible working hours, opportunities for working in specialist services and competitive rates of pay based on experience and qualifications.
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and dedicated caring employees who are keen to make a real difference to someone's life.
Job Summary (Description of main purpose of job):
• To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users.
• To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual needs and service user plan.
• To comply with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
As a Support Worker in the Bradbury House Group you will need to possess a caring and flexible nature. You will be required to provide support and assistance to a wide variety of service users with a range of differing learning & physical disabilities in various different settings.
As a Support Worker you must have the following qualities, skills & knowledge:
• Able to accept responsibility.
• Work well within a team and on your own initiative.
• Common sense.
• Flexibility & Reliability.
• Respect for service user’s dignity and independence.
• Understanding that service users have different & individual needs.
• Able to adhere to the policies & procedures of different organisations when on assignment for Bradbury House.
• Maintain a professional and confidential approach at all times.
• Have an understanding of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
• Have an understanding of the latest best practice when working with vulnerable adults.
• Understand that when on assignment you represent the Bradbury House Group.
You will be expected to be part of a team and will carry out any reasonable duty required of you whilst on assignment.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
• To support service users in the taking of decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
• To undertake activities as are detailed in individual care plan and/or timetables. Plus ensuring that all paperwork relating to these tasks is completed on time and to a suitability sufficient standard.
• To promote relationships which enable each service user to participate in the life of the local community to the best of their ability.
• To ensure the provision of healthcare arrangements this includes the recording and administration of prescribed medications.
• Encourage and support service users to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional, organisational and practical support and training as appropriate.
• Contribute to the protection of service users from abuse, follow policies and procedures and comply with external professional guidance i.e. CQC
• Advocate for service users where appropriate.
• Apply anti-discriminatory practices at all times.
• Ensure service users understand their contracts, their rights and obligations.
• To assist service users who need help with personal tasks such as dressing, undressing, bathing, feeding and using the toilet where necessary.
• Liaise, consult with and actively support service users, encouraging participation in decision making processes.
• Support service users to deal appropriately with their house mates and/or neighbours.
• To undertake other such duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and it’s grading.
• To always promote and uphold the ethos and best practice of the Bradbury House Group.
2. Staff and team work
• Work within a team, supporting colleagues and attending all necessary meetings, recording and sharing information appropriately and confidentially.
• Keep up to date with issues relevant to housing & support, welfare benefits, care home standards as specified by CQC and other relevant legislation.
• To undertake all core training required for this post and other training and professional development activities as required.
• Undertake other delegated tasks that fall within your capabilities.
• To be aware of Bradbury House values, policies & procedures at all time and always to carry out duties accordingly.