Store Manager- Exciting new store opening!
ARGENTO is expanding and we are looking for an experienced Store Manager for our brand new and exciting store opening in Isle of Man!
Argento is one of the UK and Irelands leading fashion jewellers. The first Argento store opened in Belfast in 1997 and has since expanded throughout the UK and Ireland currently with 48 branches including Belfast, Lisburn, Dublin, Glasgow, Doncaster and Leicester.
We stock the most amazing unique designer collections as well as the hottest brands on the high street including NOMINATION & SWAROVSKI.
Store Location: Isle of Man, Strand Street, Douglas
Contract: 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Benefits: £18,000 -£20,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience, Annual leave (including statutory days), generous staff discount (following completion of probation period), fantastic training.
The Store Manager will be responsible for inspiring the Sales Team to sell; providing the highest level of service to the customer. They will also demonstrate great commercial awareness with responsibility for a high turnover and have proven success in achieving KPI’s and targets in a role with similar responsibility.
It is essential that applicants have prior experience in a similar role, experience in maintaining excellent standards and service levels in high footfall environments is essential to being successful in this role.
As brand ambassador for ARGENTO, the successful candidate will be well presented and have a customer – focused, can do attitude.
The position will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
• Motivating the sales team to achieve store targets; driving sales and footfall, managing KPIs, reviewing sales performance and mystery shop guidelines, implement incentives, reports for Retail Director
• Customer service; create an engaging environment for customers, provide exemplary service, manage complaints and process all customer orders and returns
• Stock and cost control; implement and maintain best practice in stock room and office, manage stock inventory and orders, conduct regular stock takes and minimise loss
• People management and training; ensure employees attend Head Office training, are presentable and brand ambassadors, manage rotas, payroll and headcount, coach and develop your team as necessary, manage performance and recruitment
• Security; implement and manage effective security procedures and promote loss prevention awareness
• Banking responsibilities; reconcile daily sales and petty cash and manage gift card process
• Promoting the Company values to the team and leading by example
• Visual Merchandising; ensure all VM guidelines and training is adhered, appoint sufficient VMs within the store and ensure standards are immaculate at all times
Criteria/ Experience/ Personal attributes
• Recent previous retail and people management experience in a similar luxury retail environment
• Minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English and Maths
• Passionate about jewellery and customer service
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Sound judgement with confident decision-making
• Ability to implement procedural change
• Ability to coach and give feedback effectively and honestly
• Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
• Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages and EPOS systems
• Must be helpful and polite
• Must be able to work as part of a team and lead a team
• Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• High levels of accuracy and use of grammar
If you fit all of the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact recruitment with your most current CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Argento uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 7th June 2016 @ 5pm