Letting Manager – The Fox and Tanner Property Company
Job Description – Letting Manager – The Fox and Tanner Property Company
The main responsibilities of the Letting Manager are as follows:
Managing Advertisements for Available Rooms
• When notified that a room is going to be empty you will advertise it on Spareroom and any other portals you wish you use
• You will keep all prices, move-in dates, and pictures updated in advertisements
• You will respond at least 2 times per day to Spareroom messages to ensure all queries are followed up quickly and viewings are booked.
• You will schedule viewings using our online calendar system.
• You will notify the current tenant in the room of the viewing at least 24 hours in advance.
Doing Room Viewings for Potential Tenants
• You will be responsible for showing tenants around properties and selling rooms
• When doing viewings you must be a good judge of character to determine if they will be good tenants and get along in our houses.
• You will be responsible for monitoring the number of inquiries from each source of potential tenants along with how many viewings were done for each property and any feedback. This information must be updated in our system on a daily basis. Along with weekly reporting.
• You must be able to use online cloud systems and have good computer skills.
Key attributes of the Letting Manager are as follows:
• Start as self-employed on a fixed contract basis.
• Full driving license and own car
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, database management, internet savvy)
• Flexible hours. Must be available evenings and weekends
• Timely - able to keep to schedule
• Able to work from home
• Home computer and high speed internet access
• Previous letting agent experience desirable
Good to have
• Preferably live locally in Wrexham and have knowledge of the area
The successful person should ideally have relevant letting agent experience.
You will be a self starter who enjoys working autonomously and able to deliver excellent customer service while juggling and prioritising all aspects of letting management.
Attention to details is a must for this role and the ideal candidate will come from a lettings or administration background.
Please only apply if you are prepared to go the extra mile for our clients when needed - we set high standards for ourselves and our clients and will expect them of you!
You will need to have a very flexible approach to your days and hours of work. For the right person the "sky could be the limit." As the company grows so can you. Ideally this is a long-term position with the possibility of increasing hours or managing other team members as the company grows.
Salary, compensation and hours:
This roll has flexible hours.
Salary: On application
As the company grows there will be opportunities for increased hours if desired or if you prefer not to work more hours you may be able to manage new team members. There may also be opportunities for commission and bonuses as we move to achieving KPIs and growing the business.
As a self-employed contractor you will be responsible for all of your taxes and HMRC reporting requirements. Currently, there is no PAYE scheme, insurance, holidays, or sick pay offered.
Normal business hours are 9AM - 6PM. Some work will be outside of those hours. Tenant viewings are generally between 9AM and 8PM on weekdays and 9AM - 6PM on weekends.
About us and how we work:
The Fox and Tanner Property Company is a fast growing property management company with properties mainly in Wrexham. We are growing into the North Wales market as well.
Our core values are ethics, quality, respect and passion. While keeping an eye on the budgets and profits we want to ensure that our properties and service are of the highest quality. We want to be the premier provider of quality shared houses for professionals in Wrexham. Our tenants are our customers and we want to ensure they have a happy home.
We want to grow the company and build a team of creative, passionate, and friendly colleagues that can work together in a fun and flexible manner to provide excellent customer satisfaction.
The property manager will report directly to the company directors and will have a key role and influence in the way the business is run. We strongly believe in doing the right thing and encouraging a positive, flexible environment.
How to Apply:
If you think you are perfect for this role then please get in touch! Send an updated CV and brief cover letter to the our contact email address on the advert. We will review all applications and contact those that we feel have the relevant skills for in person interviews.